Mobile Om, founded by Tony Clark, is designed to Transport Therapeutic Massage and Transcendence to Scranton Wilkes-Barre metro regions and surrounding NEPA communities---in the convenience of your home, office, hotel, event, or party. Services can also conveniently be performed at the therapist’s residence.
Massage is a very subjective experience. Choosing the right massage therapist in Scranton is not always easy! Mobile Om is here to change that.
My Massage Therapy Practice
Relaxation, greater range of movement, pain relief. Mobile Om helps clients achieve maximum results through communication. It makes all the difference! Communication is not only effective but essential in meeting your needs. Pressure, temperature, and technique(s) are all variations which can affect your massage experience. Each and every client that works with Mobile Om can expect effective communication, knowledge, and experience.
When you choose Mobile Om, you can count on a licensed and certified massage therapist with:
- Over 19 years experience
- Specialized knowledge of pain management and injury recovery
- Accepted by some insurances
- Proven results
- Loyal client base
- Flexible scheduling - I come to you!
- Credit cards accepted
- No membership fees
- Variable session lengths: 30/60/90 minutes
- Chair massage available
- Event massage available
- Group massage available
- Ongoing rigorous training in the advancing field of massage
-Board Certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)-
-Professional Member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)-
- Licensed in Florida and Pennsylvania-
For thousands of years, massage therapy has been practiced and trusted as a healing technique. You don’t need to visit a luxury spa or upscale health club to enjoy its benefits. Today, you can schedule a massage appointment in offices, clinics, hospitals, airports, or even your home. It’s no longer considered an indulgence - it’s an essential element of self-care and well-being.
According to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA®):
- 75% of the individuals surveyed claim their primary reason for receiving a massage in the past 12 months was medical (including pain relief, soreness, stiffness or spasm, injury recovery, migraines, and injury prevention).
- 61% of the individuals surveyed stated their physician has recommended they get a massage
How Massage Works
Your muscles are busy. As you go about your day, exercise, or enjoy the hobbies you love, your muscles are in motion. Over time, your muscles may become overworked or overtasked, causing them to become tense or inflamed. Massage therapy relaxes muscle tissue, which in turn reduces painful contractions and spasms that cause your discomfort.
Besides giving your muscles a much-needed break, therapeutic massage therapy can also reduce nerve compression. When your muscles are tensed, they can compress the nerves around them and constrict their ability to transmit messages efficiently. By relaxing the muscle tissue, nerves can receive proper nutrients and do their normal work of transmitting messages to and from the brain, resulting in improved muscle and organ function.
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine. It's increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations. Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.
Some studies have found massage may also be helpful for:
- Decrease migraine frequency
- Decrease rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Decrease stress in cancer patients
- Decrease symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Digestive disorders
- Ease symptoms of depression
- Enhance exercise performance
- Help chronic neck pain
- Help fibromyalgia pain
- Improve balance in older adults
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Improve quality of life in hospice care
- Increase range of motion
- Insomnia related to stress
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower joint replacement pain
- Manage low-back pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Promote relaxation
- Reduce anxiety
- Reduce chemotherapy-related nausea
- Reduce muscle tension
- Reduce pain of osteoarthritis
- Relieve postoperative pain
- Relieve stress
- Relieve tension headaches
- Sleep better
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temper effects of dementia
- Temporomandibular joint pain
Experience the Results of Massage
Massage therapy is an investment in your health and well-being with the best possible return. Contact Mobile Om today to schedule a massage therapy appointment at your convenience. We offer in-home or office mobile massages to Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, and surrounding areas of Northeastern Pennsylvania.